Mental Health Counselor

Mental Health Counselor

Duties and Responsibilities: Conducting mental health assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, running classes or workshops, making treatment referrals and leading therapy sessions.

Salary: $41,880 USD

Education: A master’s degree and a state license required in all states.

Demand or need for this profession: connect with people, excellent written and verbal communications skills and an analytical approach.

Reflection: Would you like to become one? Why or why not?   I don’t think I would like to become a mental health counselor because it doesn’t seem interesting to me. I need to like my job in order to actually apply or work. If it doesn’t seem interesting to me then I won’t do it. it doesn’t have very good pay either. The average salary is a little over 50,000 and this salary is under that amount. I would want a good paying salary so I can maintain my family or myself.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alan Paton

Intelligence

Theodore Roosevelt