Karl G. Maeser


"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape ;but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first." - Karl G. Maeser

I think that honor is a very valuable thing because in honor lies truth. When you have honor you have truth and I think that is very important because everyone should tell the truth. No matter how bad the consequence will be. I think every one should have honor for whatever they value. For example, if they value their family or friends or anyone and anything then they should always honor them. I they keep a secret or a promise they should honor their word and never tell anyone and keep that promise. I would always honor what I love and care about because it is important to me and I value what belongs to me. I always try and tell the truth because I think it is the right thing to do.

Image result for karl g. maeser

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alan Paton

Intelligence

Theodore Roosevelt